In pursuit of excellence in education, the mission of First Baptist Christian Academy is:
To assist Christian parents by helping equip students to embrace biblical truth, strive for academic excellence, and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches, and communities for Christ.
The goal of First Baptist Christian Academy is to provide a Christ-centered education in a disciplined environment. Education is the instruction of truth. We believe that the Bible is the true revelation of God to mankind. Therefore, these Bible truths of God and His Son Jesus Christ must be the foundation for the education of children.
The Bible teaches that all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Christ (Col.2:3), and that wisdom comes from God (James 1:5). Therefore, each child needs to know Christ, and Christ must be the primary consideration in every area of educational study.
These Biblical principles and Godly values are essential for the future success of every child both in this life and in eternity.
Parents are given the ultimate responsibility for teaching their children in the ways of God (Deut. 6:6-7). Our school seeks to be a partner with parents to provide quality Christian education that will encourage each child to grow academically, socially, physically, spiritually, and to reach his or her greatest potential.
Finally, FBCA is under the jurisdiction and leadership of a school board appointed by the membership of First Baptist Church DeRidder. The Senior Pastor is the final authority for the school.
We hold to the doctrines and beliefs presented in "The Baptist Faith and Message." We believe:
1. The inspiration of the Bible, equally in all parts and without error in its origin.
2. The existence of one true God, eternally existent as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who created man by a direct, immediate act.
3. The pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, and second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. The fall of man, the need for regeneration by the operation of the Holy Spirit on the basis of grace alone, and the resurrection of all to eternal life or eternal damnation.
5. The spiritual relationship of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, living life of righteous work, separated from the world, and witnessing of His saving grace through the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
our core values
In order to successfully fulfill our mission, we will give priority to seven core values: The Bible, Christ-likeness, Christian Family, Church, Educational Excellence, Service, and Stewardship. Each of these core values has various operating principles that will allow FBCA to put these core values into everyday practice in every aspect of its educational program. Hover over each value for more information.